July 22, 2016 at 11:06 am #7037
·Current Appraisal Process
o Yearly Goal
o Yearly KRA
o Yearly Discussion Of KRA
o Yearly Achievement of Goal Planned a year back
· Are we really Agile?
· Is this the expectation from the Agile team/s?
· How can we make appraisal process more Agile?
o Use velocity to measure individual performance?
§ No why?
o Produce a task matrix for every individual?
§ No Why?
o Give ratings to teams instead of individuals?
§ No Why?
o Handle it with Agile
§ Yes How?
· Provide team member the vision and mission of the company
· Create an appraisal backlog for the individual with acceptance criteria of the goal (keeping Vision and mission of the company in mind)
o (Sample) As an individual I will try to help my team with automation KT so that every individual in the team can start writing automation tests
o Acceptance criteria
§ KT session to the team
§ Working with the team to help them finishing test spikes
§ Helping team to understand advantage of automation
· Have a mentor assigned to every individual and he will be the PO for the Backlog
o As a mentor one need to help team member with all requirements
· Mentor will have regular discussions with the team member to review and refine the backlog as required
o This will help achieve smaller goals instead of a yearly of a quarterly goal, one can easily measure it and help to improve.
· Keep a monthly Sprint to achieve near term goal and have it reviewed
o Have a review cycle monthly and regular session on sprint goal achievement.
· Assign a value to each of the goal keeping it complexity in mind
o Provide a story point estimation with the team member for each of the goal
· If the team member is not able to achieve a 5 pointer value goal in a sprint then do not give 8 pointer value goal in next sprint
· Do not try to keep the same value for a similar goal for each individual (Discuss and decide)
o Each team have a different velocity same way each individual is different.
· Appraisal burn down/Up
o Planned Vs Achieved
July 22, 2016 at 11:23 am #7038
Thank you for your talk proposal, we are happy to accept you as speaker.
The forum ‘Accepted Talks Proposals for Delhi’ is closed to new topics and replies.