DevOps is not a person or a task or a defined role. It is a transition of mindset and culture which ensures collaboration to build better quality software quickly and reliably. Agile and DevOps can no longer exit is Silos. They need to have a strong partnership for overall success as we move towards cloud.
Its more of 3 key points
1. Collaboration of People
2. Convergence of Process
3. Creation & Exploitation of To o l s
We have been working in DevOps model for last 2 years. Would share the transitioning challenges and gaps. Also the first hand experience on
– How the culture and thought process got transitioned.
– Quality and metrics details
– How tools supported this collaboration
– What were the fallouts and retrospectives
Our next vision to improve it further and move towards chatOps.