Through this half hour interactive session, we will look at some of the most common challenges that Scrum Masters face, when it comes to facilitating a retrospective session. The focus will be on how to overcome some of these challenges, in order to make the retrospective more effective
Please provide structure of talk and also share some of the previous talks link if available, we are looking for primarily two information
1. How the talk will be delivered
2. What participant can take away from the talk , learning outcome from the session.
The intent of the session will be for people to list out some of the challenges while conducting a retrospective, and how it can be overcome.
There are certain patterns that are usually observed during retrospectives, examples –
1. People failing to open up and talk
2. Some people in a team talk overly, while others remain silent
3. Managers being present in a retrospective
4. Handling distributed team retrospectives
5. People viewing retrospectives as “Just another meeting”
6. Team members not deriving value out of retrospective, etc
The format will be this –
1. Participants will be divided into 6-8 groups
2. Each group will be given one such problem statement
3. Members of the group discuss among themselves. First they will discuss on weather or not this is a problem at all
4. Groups will share their thoughts, one group at a time
5. Next, they will discuss on, how, they will innovative-ly be able to get over this problem.
6. At the end, I will add my few cents, and summarize and conclude