June 1, 2016 at 11:03 am #6602
One of the scrum trait is self organizing wherein lies the foundation that “team best knows what’s happening to the product thus should be given independence to organize their work”. This, in practice, often got opposed by management itself who sometimes put pressing deadlines thus eliminating the trait of “self organizing”.
Some topics to be discussed are below:
– methods to persuade management to embrace self organizing team (objective KPI?)
– how to restore management’s trust for team due to their failure before implementing scrum
– effective self organizing team
– measurement metric of self organization
June 6, 2016 at 9:34 am #6638
Thank you for putting up your talk here, it looks quite interesting.
Please try to share following things as well.
1. Share Structure of your talk , like how much time you will take in which section and what will be the total duration of the talk.
2. Include old presentations / videos
June 6, 2016 at 10:38 am #6643
It will be mostly discussion, sharing my personal experience and those of the audience’s:
1. methods to persuade management to embrace self organizing team (objective KPI?) (15 mins)
– factors what will make management willing to hand over their control to team
– management knowledgable about scrum vs not knowledgable at all
– data and report needed to ensure management still has necessary control over team
2. how to restore management’s trust for team due to their failure prior to implementing scrum (15 mins)
– analyzing what went wrong (lack of communication, frequent change of requirement, undocumented progress)
– propose plan for solution (scrum framework)
– how to provide data & facts supporting the solution
3. effective self organizing team (10 mins)
How do you define that a team is self organizing?
4. measurement metric of self organization (5 mins)
– does team use their time effectively?
– is team concerned about their productivity and system performance?
– how engaged team in defining their own objective or improvement plan?
June 7, 2016 at 1:23 am #6645
Thank you, we will put the talk in Agenda. The agenda may get bit shuffling by the time we reach the conference day.
The forum ‘Accepted Talks Proposals for Jakarta’ is closed to new topics and replies.