The journey and thoughts of an Agile practitioner who discovered his passion for coaching
I remember that morning, 6 or 7 years ago. I had been practicing Agile for a couple of years and I had decided to update my LinkedIn profile. I opened my profile, edited my headline and replaced “Scrum Master” with “Agile Coach”.
That was a lie. But I didn’t know it at that time. I really believed I had become a coach. In reality I was a consultant, a trainer, sometimes a mentor.
A few years later I decided to go back to school -a coaching school- and it changed my life.
In this talk, I will share my personal journey to become an (Agile) Coach and share what I’ve learned along the way:
• What is the difference between consulting, training, coaching and why we should care?
• Why by calling ourselves coaches we are not doing any good to the coach profession?
• What can we do about it?
• How did I become a coach?
• What are my coaching tools?
• Does your organization really need a coach?
Outline/structure of the Session
• The landscape: consulting, coaching, mentoring, counselling…
• Coaching: a specific role and process
• An overview of some coaching techniques/models
• Steps to strengthen you coaching skills
• What coaching is / is not
• What are the benefits of coaching
• Coaching techniques/models
• How my organization/team can benefit from coaching
• How as a person I can develop my coaching skills