While business knowledge and domain expertise is useful and essential, is this only achievable with a ‘single wringable neck’? What would happen if the whole team could be encouraged to take ownership of product direction?
This session looks at how we have often created dysfunctional relationships with our product owners through both the way we collaborate (or don’t) with them and the language we use to talk about the role itself.
We will discuss questions like:
- We will discuss questions like:
- why do we discourage ‘hero’ developers but encourage ‘hero’ product owners?
- do product owners make it hard to have a sustainable pace?
- can the whole team engage in product ownership?
- what can you do to support your PO?
- Understand the formal definitions of the product owner role.
- Understand the dangers of language like ‘last wringable neck’.
- Understand how product owners can engage their teams in product development.
- Understand the history of continuous improvement and empiricism in business.
- Understand the principles of collaborative product ownership.